Win a FREE ticket to Clojure/West
It’s that time of the year again. Clojure/west, the annual Clojure developers conference is just around the corner and because of our ongoing partnership with the Clojure community, Blacks In Technology is giving away five FREE passes to the event. That’s right, five members of the of the BIT community will be selected for this exclusive opportunity to attend the two day event filled with cutting edge talks about the following topics:
- Full stack developers
- Functional Programming
The Clojure/west conference is being held March 30-31, 2017 in Portland OR. at the Hilton Portland & Executive Towers 921 SW Sixth Avenue Portland, OR 97204.
How do I become eligible to win a FREE conference ticket?
In order to become eligible you must do the following:
- Fill out the following form
- Become a member of the Blacks In Technology Slack channel
- Sign up to the Blacks In Technology newsletter
Clojure/west is the biggest Clojure conference in the western United States. Founded in 2012, the conference is a great place to meet Clojure developers and learn about what is happening in the language, in the community, and in companies using Clojure.
Call For Presenters
- Conference ticket
- Up to 3 nights in the conference hotel
- $550 toward travel
- In some circumstances we are also able to provide additional help.
Opportunity Grants available!!!
Eligibility: Grants are available for all traditionally underrepresented groups in technology who would not be able to attend the conference for financial reasons.
Grant Application Deadline: Friday, February 3, 2017 (the sooner you apply, the better. Grants will be awarded on a rolling basis)
Award: If you are awarded a grant, you will receive conference registration ticket and/or travel assistance. Find out more information here!
- BIT Startup Of The Week: Abacus – “Helping students using real time data”
- Upcoming Twin Cities Blacks In Technology Software and Tech Meetup – “Leaders In Tech and Tech Pathways”
- #BITTechTalk ep. #105 w/ Amanda Spann
- BIT Startup Of The Week: Socialgive – “Making donating easier through social media”
- #BITTechTalk ep. #104 w/ Derick Pearson Founder of BlackTech Week